Bichon Frise Grooming
How to Groom a Dog at Home
For Bichon owners, Bichon Frise grooming is a never ending task. Unfortunately the beautiful powder puff coat of the Bichon will form mats and tangles, if left unattended.
So it’s a good idea to brush your Bichon every day—starting when he is still a little puppy. Since you will have a lifetime of Bichon grooming ahead of you, it makes sense to help your puppy get used to puppy grooming—and brushes, combs and being handled.
Of course you may choose to have your Bichon grooming done professionally. However, since you won’t be taking your Bichon Frisee to the groomer every day, knowing how to groom and brush a dog will still be useful for you to know.
Knowing how to groom a dog at home will help you simplify your Bichon grooming.
Bichon grooming can be done professionally or at home.
Here are some Bichon Frise owner tips and ideas on how to groom dogs easily…
- Bichon Frise Hair Cut
– What does a Bichon hair cut look like? If you don’t plan to show your dog, what are your options?
- Trimming Dog Nails
– Knowing how to trim dog nails is important, as it’s so easy to hurt your dog by cutting his nails too short. Learn how to do it the right way…
- Brushing Dog Teeth
– Does brushing dog teeth really help? Learn what you need to do to keep your dog’s teeth healthy…
- Dog Dental Treats
– There are some good dental treats on the market that will help to keep your dogs’ gums and teeth healthy…
- Dog Tear Stains – Bichons are plagued by dog tear stains. What cause them and how can you prevent them?
- Hypoallergenic Shampoo – Does your Bichon have allergies? Chances are he also has skin problems. Learn what you can do to relieve his itching and soreness…
- Grooming a Bichon Frise – Learn how to do some of your Bichon Frise grooming at home.
- Bathing a Bichon Frise – Bath time can be fun…or not! Here are some tips to make it easier for both of you!
- Bichon Frise Tear Stains – A common issue for Bichon Frises. Learn more about what you can do…
- Dog Baths – Step by step, what do you do?
- Dog Bath Tubs – You can use the family bathtub, or buy your dog his own bath tub for baths.
- Cleaning Dog Ears – Here’s what you need to know when you clean your dog’s ear.
- Dog Teeth Cleaning – Once in awhile you need to have a professional teeth cleaning for your Bichon Frise. Learn more here…
- Dental Care for Dogs – What do you need and how do you do it?
- Dog Dental Products – What products are available to help you with dental dog care?
- Dog Tear Stain Removal – Best ways to remove and prevent tear stains on your Bichon Frise.
- Dog Grooming Video – Learn how to groom your dog by watching a dog grooming video.
- Dog Grooming Books – There are books that give you good ideas and tips for grooming your Bichon.
- Dog Ear Wash – What’s involved in a dog ear wash? You can learn more here…
- Bichon Grooming – What do you need to know about grooming Bichons? Here are some tips to help you…
Bichon Frise grooming begins with puppy grooming, as soon as your new Bichon puppy will tolerate being handled and brushed. And it never ends, as neglect of the Bichon coat as your dog gets older, will lead to serious matting problems.
But dog grooming doesn’t have to be a negative experience for you and your dog. Because many Bichon Frises come to associate the grooming and handling with affection from their masters—it can become one of the nicest times of the day!
Bichon Frise Grooming to Bichon Frises
Photo courtesy of The Moonstone Archive