What is the best Bichon Frise diet? That’s a great question because it shows that you have a genuine interest in your Bichon Frise’s health and what to feed him.
And, while some people advocate using raw dog food (the BARF diet) with their dogs, there are still many who prefer to buy good quality commercial dog foods
Keep in mind that every Bichon Frise dog is different, so a diet that is right for one Bichon Frise, may not be best diet for your dog.
More About a Bichon Frise Diet
- Bichon Frise Puppies Feeding Advice – Have a new Bichon puppy? Do you know what to feed your new puppy—and how often?
- Bichon Frise Puppy Feeding Schedule – You need to get your new Bichon Frise puppy on a good feeding schedule. Here’s how to get started…
- Raw Dog Food – Lots of people are talking about feeding their dogs raw food. Is it a good idea for Bichon Frises?
- Puppy Bowls – You’ll need some basic food equipment for your Bichon Frise dog. Choosing a good puppy bowl is not quite as simple as it looks. Here are some tips to help you…
- Dental Dog Treats – Here’s a way to kill two birds with one stone–keep your dog’s teeth clean, while she enjoys her dog treats!
- Apple Dog Cookie Recipe – This apple dog treats recipe is sure to be a hit with your dog, and it has healthy ingredients, as well…
- Holistic Dog Food – What is a holistic Bichon Frise diet and are there any commercial brands that you can trust?
- Homemade Dog Treats – Be a hero and make some healthy homemade dog treats for your dog. Visit my other website, Best Dog Treat Recipes, where you’ll find dozens of recipes that you can make for your dog at home…
- Easy Recipes for Kids: Home Made Dog Treats – This recipe ebook, created for kids to make dog treats for their dogs, has lots of recipes that are easy to make–and good for your dog! Have fun making treats for your dog, with your kids or grandkids!
- Healthy Dog Diet Tips – Every dog has different dietary needs, and sometimes it helps to get advice from other Bichon Frise owners. Here are some tips for a healthy Bichon Frise diet, from owners like you…
My Dog’s Bichon Frise Diet
So what I’m sharing here with you is what has worked extremely well with our Bichon Frises.
Premium dog foods such as holistic dog food and organic dog foods get my vote for commercially prepared dog foods. Some excellent brands to look for would be Wellness CORE Grain Free Dry Food (my favorite) or Dr. Harvey’s Canine Health Miracle Dog Food.
These manufacturers strive to use only the best ingredients, foods scientifically proven to provide a healthy canine diet. They use little to no fillers and do not use any processing by-products.
Bichon Frise Diet and Bichon Health – The Connection
Bichons have very sensitive skin and are prone to skin irritations and allergies. In many cases, these dog skin allergies are caused by an improper Bichon Frise diet.
Improper dog diets are usually the result of feeding inferior dog foods that don’t consist of the proper nutrients and supplements required by your Bichon Frise dog.
Yes, it is true that a holistic dog food is a little expensive compared to most dog foods but isn’t it worth it for the health of your “best friend.”
Another Bichon Frise diet that is becoming more popular is the raw dog food diet.
Also known as BARF (Bones and Raw Food), this feeding method basically looks to return a dogs’ diet back to the way nature intended it to be.
Just as important as feeding a healthy Bichon Frise diet, is the essential necessity of giving your dog plenty of fresh water on a daily basis.
Our family drinks spring water or reverse osmosis water, and so do our dogs.
Some tap waters contain dangerous chemicals and contaminants. If you are not sure that your water is pure and safe, you can have it tested for impurities. Why take that increased risk for yourself or for your sensitive Bichon Frise?
A proper and nutritional Bichon Frise diet is one of the best ways to show your dog how much you care for it.
Finding the Best Bichon Frise Diet
Most of us struggle with our first dog’s diet–but we eventually do find a Bichon Frise diet that works well for that dog.
Finding the best Bichon Frise diet for your dog will give you the best chance of avoiding food allergies in these sensitive little dogs.
The dog skin allergies so frequently seen in Bichons do dictate that we really watch what our dogs eat, which is part of the reason that a Bichon diet is of such interest.
And with each new Bichon that we have, our knowledge grows–and we get a little better at understanding what each dog needs.